Finch Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Name Is "Six"

Go down

My Name Is "Six" Empty My Name Is "Six"

Post  FinchG Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:37 am

I am named Six amd its because I was the last one out of the nest of six.

It took me longer because I didn't get as much food as my brothers and sisters, but it wasn't because the food was limited or my mother didn't want me, it was because of my bigger brother/sisters had bigger mouths than me and could hollar the loudest.

I am the smallest of my Gouldian family and its a little scary sitting on the edge of my nest looking out and seeing all the bigger birds flying past me and when I look down its very far.

So today is the day and I am going to leave the only home I have known, but since I am the only left its very lonely here.

Ok here I go.....

I have landed on the bottom but its got suff on the bottom but I am sure its ok because my brothers and sisters are walking around on it. Oh, theres mom, boy I hope she sees me down here as I am getting hungry.

Mom, Mom, here I am can't you here me calling?

Wait I think she sees me and is coming over, but then my brother and sister get her attention, as always, and she feeds them instead.

Wait what is that big thing coming down to get me?

That scary thing is picking me up!! Its moving me to a strange place with stuff in it and sits me there. Then my family is coming over and eating this stuff but don't pay me much attention.

Here comes mom again, she is eating this stuff too, hmmm, wonder if its good. Well while she is here I am going to open my mouth as wide as I can and make a lot of noise. Oh wait, she is looking over at me, wait for it,wait for it, she is going to "gulp" "gulp" yeah she fed me.

That was my problem she just didn't see my way down on the bottom but now that the thing put me here by the good stuff Mom can see and hear me and now I get to eat more like the others do and maybe if I stay here I can get all the food I want.

Now its getting dark and I am still sitting here but no one is around, where did everyone go?

Its getting a little cold down here and I can't fly very good so I am sorta stuck. If I look real hard I can see my family way up on the top, why can't I go there too?

I know I can't fly that far yet, oh why did I leave my nest now I can't even get back there.

Oh no that big thing is coming back again and picking me up, where is it taking me?

Whew, it put me back in my nest and even though I am alone here its better than sitting alone on that thing at the bottom with the stuff in it.

Oh well, I will try my wings tomorrow and see if I can fly and be with my family.

My Name Is "Six" 62485

Written after observing my number "Six"

FinchG

Last edited by FinchG on Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
FinchG
FinchG
Founder-Admin
Founder-Admin

Eggs For Posting Eggs For Posting : 520

Back to top Go down

My Name Is "Six" Empty Re: My Name Is "Six"

Post  FinchG Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:17 pm

I am three days older now and things are not as scary anymore. I was 27 days old when I left my nest.

I still can't fly but I can once in a while make it to the lowest perch. At night when everyone goes way up to the top perch I try and try to get up there but I fall to the bottom. Then after the lights are out that thing comes and gets me and takes me to the top perch so I can sleep with everyone, the thing tried to put me back in the nest but I didn't stay after that first night. In the morning I am on my own to get down unless I wait for the thing to put me down there where the others are eating.

Mom has been feeding me a lot and I am always around her now. My siblings are starting to eat the seeds so that leaves more food for me, from Mom.

I tried the seeds today but just a few and I think I will stay with Moms food for a while longer. I do like hopping around the bottom and playing with the hay and watching everyone playing in the water.

I am still the smallest but I will keep growing so I can fly like the other birds do.
FinchG
FinchG
Founder-Admin
Founder-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FinchG Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:24 pm

12/9/11

Well I can fly now and I am almost as big as the others. I am eating seed and drinking water so I don't need to bother mom anymore, although I still try. I like to play with the green stuff too.

Oh, I almost forgot, I can fly to the highest perch now to sleep with everyone else so the "thing" doesn't have to pick me up anymore and put me up there.

My Name Is "Six" 949653924 Merry Christmas, Six
FinchG
FinchG
Founder-Admin
Founder-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FinchG Sun May 27, 2012 1:10 pm

Just an update.

Six is 7 1/2 months old now and I can't tell him from his brothers and one sister.

My mistake was in not banding them when I had he chance and now I can't tell the difference. I thought six would be smaller than the others but he grew up to be a beautiful RH male or is the beautiful RH female.My Name Is "Six" 991728

Sometimes you have to give a helping hand to one that may be a little behind the others, I don't know if he would have made it on his own.
FinchG
FinchG
Founder-Admin
Founder-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum