Finch Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Marked White Society

Go down

The Marked White Society Empty The Marked White Society

Post  FinchG Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:28 am

The Marked White Society Finch is simply a variety of pied that more white than colored when compared to the more common Mottled Pied Society, with comparatively smaller amount of colored areas.

Marked White Pieds usually have completely white wings, breast and belly. The pigmented areas are often restricted to the crown, mantle and rump regions. It is a handsome Pied, I personally consider the Marked White Pieds to be more attractive than Mottled Pieds.

The Marked White Pied seems less common in US collections than the Mottled Pieds. My first Marked White Pieds actually originated from Taiwan in South-east Asia in 1972.

They were among a shipment of some of the last birds to enter the US before the first band on bird importation was implemented. Now they are relatively often encountered, though Mottled Pieds still redominate in most collection.

Marked White Pieds are very popular on the show bench and some very nice large European Marked Whites have found there way to the US
FinchG
FinchG
Founder-Admin
Founder-Admin

Eggs For Posting Eggs For Posting : 520

Back to top Go down

The Marked White Society Empty Re: The Marked White Society

Post  FinchG Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:17 am

I have marked white societies that my all white male society, all white crested female and fawn and white female produced. They have had two clutches of seven.
I posted pictures in finch chitchat.

:heart1:
FinchG
FinchG
Founder-Admin
Founder-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FinchG Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:51 am

I also have a male crested marked white/chocolate pied that I call Spike that is not with the others. He mated with a dark brown non crested female and none of their clutches produced any of his coloring, they were dark brown, crested, and dark beaks where his beak is light,like my other dark eyed whites/chocolate pieds.
I wonder if the male carries this or only the female?
I am going to pair him with a female dark eyed white to see what they produce.

If anyone has any information on this please let me know.

The marked white/chocolate pied and the all white dark eyed societies are the ones I want to breed.
FinchG
FinchG
Founder-Admin
Founder-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum