Finch Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Metric Conversions

Go down

Metric Conversions Empty Metric Conversions

Post  FinchG Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:02 pm

AmericanMetricAmericaMetric
1/8 teaspoon.5gram1 cup250 ml
1/4 teaspoon1 gram2 cups1/2 liter
1 Quart.95 liter

Note: 1cc = 1ml

1000ml = 1 liter

500ml = 1/2 liter

"cc" = "ml" (on a hypodermic syringe)

Measuring 1 Liter and larger quantities of Milliliters (150ml, 500ml, 750ml) of liquid, I suggest you purchase a 4 cup Pyrex measuring cup (or a 1 cup if you find that you never mix more than 1 cup of liquid per day {250ml}). On the reverse side from the American measurements (ounces, cups, quart) you will find the Metric liquid measurements (milliliters). My suggestion is that you use the Metric measurements for measuring out your liquid water requirements, as they are easy enough to read on this large measuring cup; and there are no true equivalents that will be accurate between the two systems. For example, 1 quart is .95 of a liter. It will be near impossible to figure out what .95 of a liter is. Therefore, use the milliliter measurements (500ml, 750ml, 1000ml) for the water measurements and the American approximations I’ve given above for your dry measurements.

Measuring smaller quantities of milliliters (.5ml, 1ml, 2ml) you will need a hypodermic syringe without a needle attached. I suggest that you use a 1cc or 1ml syringe instead of a 2cc or 3cc syringe, as it will be much easier to see the liquid for the smaller amounts.

finchniche.com
FinchG
FinchG
Founder-Admin
Founder-Admin

Eggs For Posting Eggs For Posting : 520

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum