Finch Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Light, Not Just For Sick Birds

Go down

Light, Not Just For Sick Birds Empty Light, Not Just For Sick Birds

Post  FinchG Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:50 am

I put a clip-on light on the side of my cage right next to a perch, it has a 100 watt bulb in it so it does throw off some heat. I did this because I thought it could be used for a free choice warming area for my gouldians and Orange cheek wax bills.

Normally you only put a light on a sick or fluffed up finch but I thought maybe they would use it before they got to that point.

I have been watching them to see if any of them would sit in front of it and the first one was my gouldian fledging finishing up his first molt. Then I saw my OC waxbill taking his turn.

They seem to be sun bathing, they sit and when that side gets warm they turn and let the other side warm up. It looks like they are enjoying it and maybe it will help if one of them is not feeling a 100 %, or just to enjoy the warmth.

I keep the room very warm so I didn't know if the heat from the bulb would be too hot but apparently it's not. Also I thought if one of them would get sick or fluffed up and I was not there for a few hours they could have a spot to get some extra warmth on their own. FinchG
FinchG
FinchG
Founder-Admin
Founder-Admin

Eggs For Posting Eggs For Posting : 520

Back to top Go down